- Representation Theory : A First Course (Fulton & Harris)
- Symmetry & the Monster (Mark Ronan) [Not yet read]
- Gödel, Escher, Bach : An eternal golden braid (Douglas Hofstadter) : A popular level book on Gödel’s theorem and AI and related stuff. The first half is good, but the book drags on too much with unfounded speculation towards the end.
- Surreal Numbers (Donald E Knuth) : Aweird funny little book on set theoretic foundation of number theory.
- One Jump Ahead (Jonathan Schaeffer) : About Chinook, the checkers playing program
- Sophie’s World (Jostein Gaarder) : A sort of informal fun introduction to Western philosophy
- Foucault’s Pendulum (Umberto Eco)
- The Power of One (Courtenay Bryce)